Saturday 30 July 2011

The Haunting Fear of Having a Drug Addicted Child....

Since the passing of Amy Winehouse, I have viewed some of the links posted out there re the before and after effects of drugs and alcohol in her life.

It is this that makes me so very scared for my own child.  I don't blame her for being an addict... her addiction started at only 12 years of age, and I think has been and continues to be a way of burying the pain of reality after surviving such traumatic events at the hands of her abuser.

I would however hope that she as an adult now, will grow to value the importance of seeking help and to overcome her addiction and the pain of her past that has scarred her.

I pray for my daughter each and every day....


Amy Winehouse..... Rest peacefully...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAQ1_dZD14Q&feature=youtu.be



No comments:

Post a Comment